Zoon Femke Halsema : Son (15) of Femke Halsema arrested in July, mayor explains letter - Sarkari Result News

Zoon Femke Halsema :  Son (15) of Femke Halsema arrested in July, mayor explains letter - Sarkari Result News 

The 15-year-old son of Amsterdam mayor Femke Halsema was arrested last month because he owned a fake weapon and broke into a houseboat. The mayor of Amsterdam writes this in a letter to the residents of the capital. According to De Telegraaf , two knives were found on the houseboat, and the police found an alarm gun on the son's escape route.
Zoon Femke Halsema :  Son (15) of Femke Halsema arrested in July, mayor explains letter - Sarkari Result News
In the letter, which is on the website of the municipality of Amsterdam, Halsema calls on her son not to punish publicly.

 'My son is an ordinary Amsterdam boy who has indeed made a mistake that he must correct. 

He doesn't deserve any extra public punishment just because he's my son. " 

The 15-year-old boy was picked up with a boyfriend in the weekend of 14 July after a chase. 

He was fleeing with the other boy because they had been caught 'after they had entered an abandoned houseboat and sprayed out a fire extinguisher from that houseboat on the street', Halsema writes. 

That caused a lot of turmoil that the police approached.

Halsema's son ran away from the police, threw his fake weapon away, but decided to stop anyway. The police then arrested him. He was later picked up by his mother.

 "I picked him up, punished him and then I talked to him endlessly," Halsema writes.

"Two knives and alarm gun"
After the arrest, De Telegraaf said the police found two knives on the houseboat that the juvenile suspects had apparently taken to the boat as a weapon. 

An alarm gun was also found on the escape route. The newspaper speaks of an armed burglary. 

According to Halsema, that is not the case, she defends in the letter. "My son has not committed an armed burglary.

 My son had a (forbidden) fake weapon with him with which he made selfies and was bored and gossiping with friends. 

He thereby violated the law - he should not have had the fake weapon with him and he should not have entered the abandoned boat - and for that he will have to bear the consequences. "

According to  De Telegraaf , which announced the news last night, there is great dissatisfaction within the police and the Public Prosecution Service because the arrest has been 'under control' for weeks. 

But according to the mayor himself, that is not the case. "There is no cover up. 

There is a private matter, a fifteen-year-old boy whose data would never have been made public in comparable cases. "

Already on the evening that it happened I told the police that my son should be treated like any Amsterdam boy.

Femke Halsema
Shielding
The boy's details are protected in the case. The case was also transferred to the Haarlem public prosecutor to prevent conflicts of interest. 

The mayor herself indicates that she has not asked to shield her son's name, but that she is grateful for that. 

"From the start I have been keenly aware of my responsibility as mayor of this city," she writes. 

'I told the police on the evening that it happened that my son should be treated like any Amsterdam boy. 

The only thing I hoped was that people would be discreet because my position makes my son vulnerable to publicity that can haunt him for years. 

I did not ask for his name to be shielded, but I was grateful to the police when I later learned that this often happens and was done in his case.

Worried mother
Halsema immediately reported the burglary of mid-July and the arrest of her son to the municipal secretary and the integrity office of the municipality,  Halsema writes . 

'Because I don't want to create any entanglements between my concern as a mother and my responsibility as a mayor. 

I did not talk about it in the triangle, I informed the Commissioner and the Chief Officer that we as parents are handling the matter with the officers on duty. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments